A mediocre app for a great service
Mr. Muckle write:
I'm giving this two stars because SlideShare is such a great site, and having access to it on my iPhone is such a great idea, but, unfortunately, version 1.0 leaves a lot to be desired. Here are the big issues I've found after a few minutes:
1) Search doesn't work with multiple-word queries. Under the covers, the app builds a URL for a web search, so separating words with + or %20 works, but I shouldn't have to do that or figure that out.
2) Some slides don't display. This is probably the biggest issue of all, and is a reason _not_ to buy version 1.0. In the middle of a presentation, where most of the slides display just fine, iSlideShare just displays a question mark. Going forward to the next slide and then back doesn't help, either.
3) There's no way to add presentations to your favorites.
4) Login and account creation seem to be conflated, which is confusing.
5) Emailing a presentation takes you out of the app completely, and you don't return to iSlideShare when you're done.
If these issues are fixed, especially 1 and 2, this could be a decent app with the potential for being a great app.